Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Tsunami Relief

Nice. When 9/11 happened and I was managing the team of web developers that supported the Amazon Gateway (aka HP), we had to scramble that day to take down all the content on the gateway and replace it with a big red cross message asking for amazon customers to donate to the red cross for efforts to support the families. I was really proud of that effort as we had raised a ridiculous amount of money in a short period (and considering we had capped the donation to $100 per user), it was incredible to see the number of donors. I was even more proud when I saw a mention of the website on various news programs as a source for donating money.



I was wondering if, with the recent tsunami disaster, if Jeff would decide to pull off a similar effort--and it seems we have. So, please donate to the Red Cross!! In the time it took for me to write that last paragraph, the number of payments went from 8880 to 9124. Spectacular. I hope that this is as successful as our efforts from 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment