Thursday, December 23, 2004

Just arrived in Hong Kong after 17 hours of flight and 6 hours of sitting around in airports. Overall, flight wasn't too bad with knitting and 3 movies back to back (Anchorman: The Life of Ron Burgundy, The Notebook and First Daughter). I was fortunate to have asked to change my middle seat to an aisle or window seat. In addition to getting moved to an aisle seat, I was upgraded to Economy Plus in United, which just means I have more leg room--super nice for such a long flight. At one point in the flight, the captain came on and just said quickly "Welcome to Siberia", which I thought was funny. Sure enough, we were flying over Siberia.



After de-planing, I saw a Starbucks and got excited at the thought of getting an eggnog latte. Unfortuntely, seems like eggnog isn't popular in Hong Kong--they had 2 holiday drinks: Gingerbread Latate (which we have in Seattle) and Creme Brulee Latte. I tried the Creme Brulee since that's not offered in Seattle---yum!



So now I'm at the hotel and just want to chill for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment