Friday, December 17, 2004

It's been a busy holiday season. There were holiday parties galore last week, starting with Jigna & Matt's very successful White Elephant party---I went home with one of those fun boxing puppets--mine is an Alien. I made a very potent eggnog for the first time--it was amazing how easy it was to make. Kind of disgusting once I realized the ingredients of eggnog--it's simply raw eggs, sugar, whipping cream & milk. Saturday night, I only had the energy to make it out to two parties--Jeanette's and LaToya's--which were both equally fun. Matt had a chance to meet a ton of my friends over the weekend, whew.



Over the weekend, I took a 2.5 hour knitting class with Phoebe and I LOVED it. I'm completely obsessed with making scarves for everyone I know now. I already finished my first scarf, which I gave to Matt. Not bad for a first scarf...next time, I'm going to make the number of stitches across shorter so it's not as wide...and so there's room to make it longer. Now I have something to pass the time while on the plane to Hong Kong next week. I already checked the TSA website to make sure that knitting needles are allowed as carry on---and they are!



I have a bellydancing holiday shindig tonight, of which I'm going to participate in the chorus of the student troupe (jumping in last minute since I couldn't attend previous rehearsals)--should be fun. A bit nervous as I've invited some friends to watch. I can't wait to get all dressed up--yay. That's the best part of tribal bellydance: the costumes: so colorful, rich & vibrant. Right after bellydancing, I'll have to run home and change into cocktail attire to attend two more holiday parties. Whew.



I saw The Lion King (the musical) at the Paramount last week with Jigna. Oh, it was magical, especially the opening scene--it sent shivers up my spine. I absolutely loved the re-creation of the animals. They had giraffes (a guy on stilts with arm stilts), an elephant, a cheetah, etc. The costuming was just spectacular..and of course, I've always loved the music. If you haven't seen this musical ever, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment