Sunday, November 30, 2008

Only 2.5 miles left!

I forgot to mention that I woke up early this morning, grabbed my bike and headed to the bottom of Belmont Ave. (where it meets Lakeview Blvd) because the Seattle Marathon (Half and Full) was crossing there...and I wanted to go and cheer on some friends that were running the Half: Marissa, Asayo and Matt H.! For the half marathoners, I stood somewhere between mile marker 11 and 12, right at the top of this long hill (I think their last) and the point in which they can turn and see the city of Seattle again and their ultimate destination, EMP (the finish line). It's a torturous spot because it's one last hill so late in their race, but the sweet smell of the finish line is so close with that beautiful view right around the corner. I was lucky and found Marissa and Matt but sadly never saw Asayo! I'm so bummed since Asayo was just a few minutes behind Marissa...I can't believe I missed her! In any case, congratulations folks! You all did a great job! I'm in such awe because I'm terrible at running and can't fathom the idea of doing a marathon or half-marathon. Here are some pictures I took this morning, and here are a few of Marissa and Matt!




No comments:

Post a Comment