Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An election to celebrate

I can't believe the amount of celebration last night! I mean, I can believe it....but it's still incredible to me to see such passion and excitement from an ELECTION! As mentioned in my last post, I was at Kabir's to celebrate and watch McCain and Obama's speeches, waiting for Matt to get out of class and join us. When he was finally free, he called and was like "um..I'm not sure if I can leave our place". I was like "what do you mean?" Apparently, a "parade" of people was marching up on Pike St at the time, right in front of our building. I soon convinced a chunk of folks from Kabir's place to head over to Cap Hill to see where the party's at...and man, a LARGE crowd took over the corner of Pike & Broadway, only 2 blocks from where I live. Apparently, it was a convergence of 2 crowds: one that came up from downtown and another that came from northern Broadway. It was a controlled crowd of excited and happy people, waving flags, openly drinking beer, shooting fireworks, singing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "My Country Tis of Thee", and giving hugs for Obama hugs. Asayo took a number of great pictures with her phone which I'll post later when I get them, but here's a few from my phone....and the rest are courtesy of The Stranger:
Me & Sri with "Obama"

Matt and Ajay
Kabir and Noreen











No comments:

Post a Comment