Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Pow-dah

Just got back from an AMAZING weekend in Whistler with a bunch of friends, staying in a ski-in/ski-out townhouse right on the mountain. We were incredibly lucky and got some great powder days. I'll never forget the Peak to Creek run---it was a good hour and a half for us to get down but MAN, it was awesome. Personally, for me, I'm excited because I discovered over the weekend that I can still snowboard....see, I've only been, like, 2-3 times so far this season and I haven't been riding very well. In fact, it's just been horrible, full of complaints and whining. Recently, in Stevens, I almost gave up on snowboarding all together because my feet were in such pain. I thought that perhaps my feet were just not cut out for snowboarding. Anyhoo, on the first afternoon after arriving in Whistler, I went to buy some new bindings with a toecap cuz' I hear they're great (I got the Burton Escapades---they're really freakin' amazing, so comfortable and give me a lot of control). Since I was doing so, I brought with me my right foot boot for sizing purposes. While I was at it, I decided to get some new Superfeet arch supports just to further help my feet. I asked the saleslady if she could cut the arch supports down for me while I was at the store--she said sure and pulled my boot lining out so she could pull out the current arch supports....and she pulled out my LEFT FOOT boot lining. This is why I've been riding horribly all season---I've had the wrong foot boot lining in my boots! I completely switched them around! Talk about pain...but silly me just assumed my feet were acting up and never thought about taking a look at my boot linings. WHEW! Glad I figured that out--cuz' once I got the right boot linings with the right boot, put in the new arch supports and then started riding with the new bindings, it was great.

In other news, Gong Hay Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year to all---Year of the Dog! This is an unusually long year too: 13 months. Supposedly, a 13-month year occurs only 12 times during the period of 23 centuries from 221 B.D. and 2100 A.D. The last time a 13-month lunar year took place was in 1944. Interesting. It's also supposedly a good year for marriage because it's such a long year--encompassing two springs, which is considered lucky. This is completely opposite from last year's Year of Rooster which was considered an extremely bad year for marriage because it didn't have a spring at all (evidenced in a drop of Asian weddings last year). Check out your horoscope for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment