Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...went to Vegas for CES and saw tons of amazing stuff. Got back to work afterwards and just haven't had time to blog at all. Here's a quick rundown of the past week or so.

Vegas/CES: Awesome. CES was definitely a great convention to go to. I ended up spending most of my time there with Eric as a result of showing up about an hour after everyone else, which ended up being great since it was just 2 of us and we were able to cover a lot of ground. Some of the highlights for me:
  • Toshiba's scrolling tablet
  • Listening to Creative's X-FI sound
  • Checking out the Creative ZenM, their video mp3 player which won Best of CES. Honestly, the only thing the iPod has over this is size; otherwise, the ZenM's usability kicks butt.
  • Motorola Mini Blue. I know it's not the tiniest bluetooth headset (shall we say earset?) out there, but it certainly made me want to buy it!
  • Motorola Pebble phone. I really liked this phone.
  • I can't name them all--but all the huge plasmas. Awesome.
  • The LG booth. Lots of fun, random cell phones and gadgets.
  • The plasma mirror display by Phillips shown in the Yahoo NextGen House. I want to buy one of these now.
  • Previews of the PS3 games.
  • Bypassing the hour or so line to get into the NextGen house just because I was a Microsoft employee. Wahoo.


  • MS Women's Conference: I spent 3 days attending the Microsoft Women's Conference. The highlight: seeing Steve Ballmer. The lowlight: getting my car towed by freakin' Microsoft Security while attending the conference (I don't even want to get into this--but yes, Microsoft will tow employee cars parked in company parking garages if they're parked "illegally"--i.e. not in a parking stall). Anyhoo, I was just happy to be attending a women's conference at all. Sure, there were some topics that could be geared towards both genders...but I found many talks interesting. For example: "Women Don't Ask" -- a session on women's negotiating skills (or lack thereof) because women, in general, don't ask for what they want. Congrats to Microsoft for even putting something like this women's conference--it really makes me feel good as a women to be working for a company that does things like that, especially in an industry that's so male dominated.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment