Saturday, February 4, 2006

Media Center Extender

I had gotten Matt an XBox 360 for his birthday and we finally set it up at my place yesterday (since I had the bigger TV he wanted to set it up at my place). Anyhoo, I installed the Media Center Extender this afternoon---had some hiccups with the installation of .NET Framework 1.1 SP1---but finally got it installed! I'm impressed---I can now access all the photos and music from my computer upstairs in addition to the Recorded TV that I have upstairs, which is nice since I use my Media Center as a 3rd tuner for recording TV (since the Comcast DVR downstairs has a dual tuner). But now, instead of going upstairs to catch up on Jon Stewart, I can just stream it downstairs. Reminds me of when I had the TIVOtoGo set up back when I had the TIVO. I also, for kicks, connected my iPod to the XBox and sure enough, the Xbox found it and was able to access it completely. Woo hoo. Because I only have 1 Component Input for my TV, I had to disconnect my DVD player in order to connect the Xbox---but that's fine since the Xbox plays DVDs just fine. Man, this lil' puppy can do a lot of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment