Monday, November 8, 2004

Oh man. What a day. I'm so beat. Today was my first real full day working. (Friday didn't count since I pretty much just had to pack up my office for a move) I started off this morning at the XGym, working on a new protocol: ratchets. Ugh. I also had to do new workouts--the adductor, a pushup, leg extension, chin ups: all things that I basically suck at. These next 7 weeks are going to suck at the gym, I can tell. I was coughing throughout my workout (I still have a slight cough that developed near the end of my sickness) and looked like I was going to keel over. Then I headed to work and had a pretty full day, rushing home, made some scallops for dinner and headed off to bellydancing class. We spent the first 15 minutes or so working solely on belly rolls. Oh man, those scallops didn't feel very good after awhile. I was really working that stomach. So so sore. I think a nice, bubble bath this evening will hit just the spot.



God, I hate being sick. I've been pretty healthy all year. Then bam, the fall starts and I get the cold. Just like that. No fun at all. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as last year and I'm working on some more preventative things that I didn't as much last year: not stressing out as much at work, taking a multi-vitamin daily, drinking more water, working out more, dancing more. Let's hope it works.



Hey all you Smithies--just found out: Katie Ho is engaged! Congrats Katie--I'm very happy for you and Kit! I can't wait for the KitKat wedding next year. Now I've got 3 weddings planned next summer on the East Coast---all Smithie friends: Anna, Li Mei and Katie. Wonder if next summer will top the number of weddings I was invited to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment