Sunday, June 3, 2001

i'm in hong kong now, sitting at the "log-in cafe" in some random shopping mall. it's really amazing how the internet access in hong kong has changed since the last time i was here (2 years ago). Back then, it was pretty hard to find a computer to get internet access to--and even then, it was expensive. now, almost every store, shopping mall, street corner has some sort of internet podium that you can use for free....like, surf the internet while shopping. and they just limit your amount of use to like 15-20 minutes....not bad at all.

I've only been here for about 2 days so far...and all I've been doing is catch up on sleep, eat and see relatives. today, we had dim sum with my great aunts #4, 6 & 7. This morning, I took a jog around Kowloon Park, which is right across the street from the hotel....it was amazing. I probably came across 8 different groups of Tai Chi classes and just all sorts of interesting people enjoying the Sunday morning. There was also a bird aviary, full of beautiful creatures.

Shopping is difficult as usual...I had to buy a pair of XL pants...and even then, they're a little on the tight side. Oh well.

I see my cousin this evening...from what I hear, she's quite the grown up now. This store that I'm in right now is so interesting...you can buy everything here. My senses are overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment