Tuesday, June 26, 2001

had a pretty great weekend considering that i had no plans as of last Thursday. friday night, i hung out with brad...catching up over drinks and dinner at the pink door down in the market. saturday, i went hiking at mount si with eric, jon & felix..what a great hike and a perfect day for it too; however, while up there, i realized had little time to get back to seattle to go to the symphony where one just cannot be late. so i literally bolted down the mountain, making it in about 1.5 hours and eric rushed me back to my apartment where i somehow changed from grungy hiking gear to a nice black cocktail dress with heels and then met up with james. it was my first time going to benaroya hall (for shame) to see the symphony. andre watts was playing the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2--what a romantic, emotional piece that is. Oh, it was so beautiful....wonderful evening it was. Afterwards, james and i were able to get a late dinner at 96 Union, overlooking the puget sound--great food, company, conversation. the weather took a downward turn on sunday and i just stayed in cleaning all day, when i discovered an old tape of mine that i had recorded of me playing the chopin revolutionary etude at the age of 15. ah, the memories. later that evening, i caught up with my friend steve over dinner and a movie: the anniversary party....enjoyable.

last night, the crm team sponsored a bowling night at the imperial lanes where i discovered that my manager is a secret hard-core bowler, scoring a 191 average! i did okay, with something like a 125 average.

my parents get in tomorrow morning--I can't wait to see them again and show them around. I hope the weather'll be nice. i'm so happy that they'll be around for my surgery on thursday--eeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment