Sunday, April 6, 2008

Since my last post, I've had the opportunity to see 2 more amazing performances at Benaroya Hall: Lang Lang and Anne-Sophie Mutter. Both were totally amazing, but I have to say, Lang Lang totally blew me away. It was my first time watching him play and he is absolutely outstanding. He plays the piano with such finesse and ease, and his command of difficult passages is mind blowing. One interesting aspect of this performance is that there were about 3 rows of audience seats on the stage -- I'd never seen that in all my years of attending the Seattle Symphony! I wonder how the sound carries sitting on the stage. He returns this Fall playing a concert mostly of Chopin---definitely getting tickets to that!

With the lack of much television lately, in addition to watching our Netflix movies more often, I've been getting into Battlestar Gallactica. Now, many would say I'm doing it a disgrace by jumping right into Season 3 and getting the briefing from Matt on the first 2 seasons....but that's a lot of hours of television!

Also been trying to work out a lot more as I've had a crazy weight gain in the last 6 months. This week was okay though I made up for it on the weekend:
Monday - 45 minutes of the Crunch Pilates-Yoga workout. Harder than I expected.
Thursday - 30 minutes of interval running
Saturday - 25 min. of strength training. 30 min of cardio
Sunday - 25 min. of strength training. 20 min of cardio
I've started clipping out workouts in magazines, stapling them together and carrying it to the gym with me. Surprisingly, it's helped a lot in disciplining me and guiding me through a good workout. Generally, I know how to use the machines but I don't really approach the workouts with any structure. I'm currently using Shape Magazine's Month 3 Bikini-Body Countdown workout--it's a pretty good one! I didn't realize they have other workouts in this category -- will have to try those out too.


No comments:

Post a Comment