Monday, April 7, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

The KU Jayhawks are the 2008 NCAA Men's Basketball National Champions!!!! I'm so incredibly excited! (and listen, I'm never excited about sports but Jayhawks basketball is the one thing I do get into) I actually remember the last time they won, in 1988, with Larry Brown as Coach, Danny Manning the star player, and Scooter Barry living next door to me with his uncle's family. Ever since, I've been waiting for them to win again. Over and over I've seen them come oh so close but not quite enough to cinch the win. Every year, they seem to have a near perfect season but something makes them falter and fall off the bracket. But this year, they did it and I'm damn proud of them.



This game was really awesome to watch as Memphis is a very comparable team. The last 2 minutes of the game was jaw dropping. I really thought Memphis had it with 10 points up on KU and multiple foul shot opportunities...but they let it slip with, what was it, 5 missed foul shots in a row. To see KU come back like that was amazing...and to cinch it to a tie to go into overtime with only the 3rd scoring 3-pointer at the end (in the picture here) was so incredibly lucky. The overtime game itself just went smoothly and KU came back with their reliable, tight, inside shots. Soon after the game ended, the TV showed a shot of downtown Lawrence with all fans spilling onto Massachusetts St.---oh man, I would've loved to be there. Congratulations Jayhawks! Job well done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Audrey,

    I realize I don't know you but I came across your site by doing
    a KU Jayhawk blog google search. Reading all about the excitement of KU winning thechampionship never gets old with me.I love your KU passion.

    I felt compelled to send you a reply so I hope you don't
    mind.

    Your KU passion is to be commended and congratulations for your recent wedding.

    Have as much fun as you like with the links below and post wherever you want since
    you are a great KU fan.

    Sincerely,

    Terry
    ksugrad4KU

    http://www.fannation.com/users/view_user_profile/12783

    http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/10015

    ReplyDelete