Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lucky week for concerts

It's been a lucky week for concerts. It started with early Wednesday, only about 60 hours after I first heard that Radiohead was coming to Seattle in late August. I've personally never seen Radiohead but have always been a fan. Matt's seen Radiohead a few times already but it's one of his favorite bands ever. Since Sunday evening, I started pinging websites and the work concert alias to see if anyone knew the password for the Pre-Sale that would start on Thursday morning. After a bit of snooping, I learned that the w.a.s.t.e. website historically sells Radiohead tickets about a day before the actual pre-sale and it's just a matter of refreshing the website and being lucky to hit it when it opens up. There were rumors that it would go on sale anytime potentially between 1am and 7am PST Wednesday morning. Despite needing to wake up for my 7:45am pilates session, I stayed up Tuesday night til 1:15am or so refreshing the site, ultimately succumbing to my sleepiness. Matt tried again at 2am and 5am with no luck. On a fluke, as I woke up around 7:30am (I literally roll out of bed and wander acros the street for pilates), I went to my computer, refreshed the website, and voila! I scored 4 tickets on the 100-level. SCORE! On top of that, since I got the tickets through the w.a.s.t.e. website, I saved myself from the ridiculous $15+ Ticketmaster fees. Total fees here = ~$7. Extremely satisfying purchase.


The next concert score was a last minute idea to check out the Chris Rock: No Apologies event at the Paramount on Friday night. Admittedly, since this was not through any pre-sale or anything, I just got 2 tickets through Craigslist for a bit more than actual ticket value. I just felt lucky to get tickets for this very sold out show. It was all worth it as it was an awesome awesome comedy show. Matt and I were laughing so much throughout both the 1/2 hour opening act and Chris's 1.5 hour act that our jaws got sore from grinning so much. We've now seen Lewis Black and Robin Williams in person, and hands down Chris Rock was the most enjoyable out of all of them. He definitely delivered and I highly recommend checking him out if he ever comes through your city.

No comments:

Post a Comment