Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Grrrrrrrr.......

My car got broken into either last night or Sunday night. I realized this when I went downstairs to drive to work today and saw this:


I then opened the car door and saw this:


They had rummaged through all my stuff in the glove compartment and left it out:


Bastards left behind the rock they used to break the window:


Fortunately, I don't really keep much valuable in my car so they really didn't get anything of much value. All items taken:
  • Outlook Mobile GPS receiver ship gift.
  • USB car charger. Came with the GPS receiver.
  • Mini USB cable. Came with the GPS receiver.
  • A set of nice headphones gifted to me by Ben in Hong Kong
    That's about it---all things that were just given to me. Cost to me = $315.95 to replace the driver's side window. Working from home today and waiting for the Auto Glass guys to come over this afternoon.

  • Called the police to file a report. Apparently, they only physically come over if your transmission's been messed with, which it hasn't.

    Grrrrrr.....

    1 comment:

    1. Whoa bummer! They broke into your car while it was in your parking lot? That's horrible. At least they didn't get too much. It's disconcerting that the police have essentially given up on showing up for these kinds of robberies. It seems like a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy if they stop pursuing this sort of thing (e.g. more will occur because the thieves are never rooted out).

      ReplyDelete