Thursday, December 26, 2002

Ben joined us for dinner last night and then took Aaron, his friend Kitty, and I out for a drink afterwards--fun catching up with him. I can't wait til we actually hit the town tonight...partying with Ben is always fun.



I can't believe how much time has passed! I leave tomorrow...so much to try to do before I leave. First up---I really want to watch the movie, Hero, which was just released here last week (December 19 I think). I first heard about this movie at the beginning of this year and have been dying to check it out. Jet Li, Ziyi Zhang, Maggie Cheung, Tony Leung....they're all in it. It's got to be great...how sad: it doesn't release in the U.S. until November 2003!! geesh. Kind of strange..because it's eligible now for Best Foreign Film...but not for any other category until next year. Wouldn't that be strange if it won Best Foreign Film this year...and then something like Best Visual Effects and Best Cinematography the following year? I don't know why Miramax has held it back by a year. Anyhow, I'm very much looking forward to it....although Ben is trying to convince me to watch another movie which he thinks is better...which probably won't ever be released in the U.S. Hmm. I wonder if there are any bad VCD copies of Hero floating around that I can bring back to Eugene...



I always notice that the style & trend in HK tends to be about 6 months to a year ahead of the US...it's fun to see what will be in next year. Observations from the streets regarding current trends:

  • flats

  • boots with a sag..that are visibly worn--whether that be with a skirt or over jeans...very much like a trend I remember back in junior high...tend to be suede boots..may have dangly tassels

  • corduroy! it's everywhere--as it is in the US..but it's really everywhere here.



Re-highlighted my hair yesterday..much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment