Tuesday, February 27, 2001

another evening, trapped in the office, techno music blasting as my mind zombies into a state infused with perplexed code and a damn desktop that keeps phasing in and out! i've been having problems all day with my work area as i might call it. [sigh] my project launches tonight--yay!!! finally....there's a launch party in about half an hour where we will hopefully chill back and relax.
i bought my ticket last week to go to new york city this friday...i cannot wait. i'm gonna stay with anna whom i miss so dearly much. there's so much for the 2 of us to catch up on...then on tuesday, i'll make my way somehow down to d.c. and meet up with linda where we will take off and fly to San Juan, Puerto Rico!!! god, i really need this vacation. i just need to get away from work and not think about anything. i wanna lie on the beach, sipping margaritas, and check out all the eye candy.

well, i went on a date with lawyer boy last week...ate at tango--yum yum. we saw each other the night after and then again a few days later...many times. i'm going to have lunch with him tomorrow too. hmmm. i'm afraid to write much for fear of him discovering my weblog and knowing my thoughts before i could ever voice them to him...not that it's bad or good.

a new web dev started on monday. that makes 3 direct reports now. eeks.

jocelyn is back in seattle...i loved hearing about her crazy adventures traveling with julia and climbing mt. kilmanjaro (sp?). i wish i had the willpower that julia has to just take off time and travel around the world like that. anyhow, it was so wonderful seeing jocelyn again.

and of course, went snowboarding again over the weekend---this time, with ben up at stevens on sunday. i really thought i'd be on my own the entire time...but we actually rode together the entire day! i was so excited...given, we were on super easy runs for ben...but it was sweet that he didn't get fed up with me and actually volunteered to ride with me all day. i even told him he could go off on his own but he wanted to continue riding with me...so that was cool. i really need to buy equipment.

ack. so many things to do before i take off:
  • figure out how to efficiently get my new web dev to spend his time next week while i'm gone.
  • get summer sandals
  • find all my cute summer outfits and see if i fit in them anymore
  • write all my peer reviews and self evaluation in the next 2 days
    pack.
  • maybe get new swimsuit? ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment