Monday, November 20, 2000

okay, so things are supposed to be calm at work. yet, i'm still here. is there something wrong with this picture? i'm just getting too wrapped up in things. boy, i need a vacation.

for the first time in months, i had someone ask me about my future career plans here. that just feels so good. i feel like i've been neglected for the past 10 months...i've had FIVE freakin' managers in this last year. i don't know if i'm bitter. well, i am. but i know there's really no one to blame. a lot of it is due to reorganization. but god, i just needed someone to reach out to me and say "audrey, i care about you and what you want to do in this company". i'm about to manage people myself...and i hope i can give them the respect and care that i expect to get myself. i'm making a good move. yeah.

there was a farewell party for wade over at juli's place on saturday night--there was a really great turnout. between me, jon, juli and betina, we probably spent almost $500 on food and drinks---it was quite a feast. fortunately, i think everything was consumed so it was worth it.
i go home in TWO days! HOME! i got a call from my friend dan in kansas city this morning---it was so great to hear his voice. there are so few people that i see when i go back home now. and when i run into people, it's just weird...i'm not sure what to say anymore. it's the same thing every year:

"hey! how are you! missed you so much!"
"yeah, me too! what have you been up to?"
"oh, i'm still in seattle, doing my thing. and you?"
"yeah, i'm still in lawrence, doing my thing."[silence]
"so...have you heard from so-and-so?"
"oh yeah, so-and-so is up to this-and-this"
"cool....umm...what about so-and-so-2?"
"yeah, i heard this about so-and-so-2"[silence]
"yeah, well, it was great seeing you! like old times!"
"yeah! see ya around"

Not that I don't love hearing about what others are up to nowadays...but after that, it's hard to have a conversation anymore. How we grow apart....of course, there are the exceptions. But it's like I'm in a warped world when I'm in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment