Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm ba-a-a-a-a--ack!

Wow, it's been nearly 2 months since my last post. Even then, I hadn't been posting much. Now that the wedding is finally over, I can resume my normal blogging routine though I have to admit that many of my updates are now consumed by Facebook.

The last few months have been amazing. Our wedding was fabulous and the day could not have been more perfect. Despite our fears that the weather would be a bit drab (considering Seattle's history of Independence Day weather), the weekend turned out to be one of the hottest ever in the summer---with it getting nearly 100 degrees a few days later (which is pretty crazy for Seattle). The whole wedding was a whirlwind and it was over before we knew it. We didn't even dance after our first dance--haha! Anyhoo, check out all the photos that I know about here---and hopefully in a month or so, we'll get our professional photos back. I can't wait to see those. Our photographer, Joey Hong, is so incredibly talented.

Our honeymoon in Tahiti was also absolutely wonderful. It was 10 days of peace, bliss and beauty. These islands are gorgeous and just like the postcard. We had great food everyday---lots of poisson cru (lime and coconut marinated tuna fish) and I indulged in foie gras any chance I got. And of course we took advantage of the many water activities----we went scuba diving 4 times and saw incredible underwater life: sea turtles, eagle rays, black tip sharks, lionfish and tons of coral. We also went on an excursion to feed sting rays and sharks upfront and close---crazy when I think about it now. One of the more unique experiences was actually swimming with a dolphin--yup, literally grabbing the dorsal fin as it pulls you down under for a swim. Anyway, only pictures can describe this incredible trip:
Pictures from Bora Bora
Pictures from Moorea

It's funny that with the wedding over, it seems like anything wedding-related should be over....but there's still a few things to do! We're still working on our Thank You Notes, purging our kitchen inventory for new gifts that we got, updating marital status on insurance and I need to follow up with photographer and videographer until we get the photos and video back. Most of all---to be a Sousa or remain a Tang, that is the question. Yes, I still have not decided what to do with my last name---and of course if I do decide to change it, there's a bunch of work to do to officially change it. What to do what to do....

1 comment: