Saturday, August 18, 2007

Welcome to the 30's

I forgot to mention another big milestone that hit me in the last month----I turned 30! It was a great day---after getting lunch at Le Pichet with Matt downtown and just walking around, he gave me a gift of a new camera (my other one had started dying while we were in Tahiti) along with a matching underwater case. I'm sooo excited about this so that I can start taking photos on our scuba diving trips from now on. For dinner, Matt took me to dinner at Mistral which was exquisite. Check out this meal that we had:
1. Himachi Sashimi topped with celery foam
2. Fresh corn soup with seared diver sea scallop
3. Alaskan Halibut on pureed califlower with mushrooms & pine nuts
4. Seared Hudson Valley foie gras on a rhubarb-strawberry reduction sauce
5. Lamb chop on a bed of pureed fingerling potatoes
6. Plate of cheese and figs
7. Fresh coconut and passion fruit sorbet
[Bonus Birthday Dish] Chocolate Souffle with coffee and vanilla ice cream

Probably one of the best dinners we've had in Seattle.

Later in the evening, we headed over to Ibiza Dinner Club where a good handful of friends showed up, dressed up, and ready to celebrate. I had an amazing evening. Here are all the photos I took that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment