Friday, August 31, 2007

Officially a Sousa

Woo hoo. I'm now officially a Sousa. Strange. With it being a Friday before a 3-day weekend, I knew work would be pretty slow so I decided to head into work a tad late to complete this errand. I first stopped by the King County Marriage Records department and got 3 certified copies of our marriage certificate, just in case. That was very easy. Then I drove over to the downtown DMV and literally waited for 45 minutes to an hour in line--I was #92 and it was #65 when I walked in. Again, once it was my turn, it was really easy--just showed my certificate, my old license, they took a new photo and boom: now I have a new drivers license number. Next was the more official change--over to the Social Security office which I've never been to. Again, I had to wait about 20 minutes or so but once it was my turn, it was less than 5 minutes. Now I just have to wait for my new drivers license and SS card to be mailed to me.

I'll be taking care of the passport in a few months so that I can travel with it (I've already booked 3 flights under my maiden name). I'll also need to update bank, accounts, magazines, bills, etc. [sigh]

No comments:

Post a Comment