Thursday, July 13, 2006

wedding stuff

Somehow, I got on some mailing list for brides in Seattle. I'm starting to get totally random postcards and mailings from reception sites and wedding boutiques advertising "the dream wedding" in Seattle. Ha Ha. Matt swears it's because I'm registered on theknot.com. Grrrr. This weekend, I'll be wedding dress shopping for the first time: there's a Monique Lhuillier trunk show at Marcella's La Boutique, which sounds pretty cool. I have no idea what happens at trunk shows but it sounds like a great way to kick start this dress shopping.

It's rather ridiculous the number of wedding magazines I've acquired in the short time I've been engaged. It's like, after having the ring on the finger, there's a lightbulb that pops in the head and makes you pay attention to everything wedding and in between. [sigh] Speaking of weddings, I was excited to see in Seattle Bride's 2006 "Best Of" edition, Newcastle was listed as the Best Sunset Wedding spot. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. i bought my wedding dress at Marcella's at a trunk show. marcella was great and the people were so so so nice. all the bridesnmaid dresses came from there too. jess got her dress at cicada. nice dresses but horrible service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow dropped by after a google search. I got my dress at Cicada last year and found the service to be quite good, actually. I especially liked that their dresses were a little different and not so poofy, and I got to pick the exact colors I wanted. Good luck to you with all the wedding stuff!

    ReplyDelete