Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Past two weekends...

I haven't had time to write about what's been going on for the past 2 weekends, so let me get it out of the way quickly. 2 weeks ago, Matt and I headed back to Kansas to attend my high school friend, Matt Hillmer's wedding in Lawrence (did I mention the best man was a Matt and the usher was also Matt?). Fun times and I got to see a lot of people that I haven't seen in a really long time, so there was a lot of catching up. The time in Kansas was short and sweet---we ate dinner at an old favorite, the Savoy Grill, in Kansas City on Friday night. On Sunday, we got dim sum in K.C. and saw the Kongs again. Then, Matt and I watched the UConn v. George Mason game at the airport while we waited for our plane to arrive (and what a game!). All of the basketball games that weekend were pretty ridiculous to watch. Fun!

Last weekend, headed up to Whistler with 12 friends for a quick weekend of snowboarding. I only went up the mountain on Saturday but we had a fabulous time, hitting Blackcomb Glacier immediately as our first run of the day. It wasn't a full powder day but it also wasn't super icy or anything. It's so nice to get a good day of snowboarding in. I also went through the BoarderCross for the first time (it's like a lil race track) which was super fun---only went through it once but I can imagine how fun it would be doing it over and over until you're really familiar with it.

Congrats also to my friend Jed in Kansas for getting married to Christa this past Sunday. I wish I could've made it to the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment