Thursday, April 27, 2006

Massive Attack

Matt, Petey (Happy Bday!), Derrick and I checked out Massive Attack tonight at the Paramount....and it was an AWESOME show. Supposedly, they haven't toured to the United States in 8 years, and on this tour alone, they're only hitting 4 U.S. locations: Seattle, NYC, Chicago and Coachella. Nice. They brought on a bunch of old favorites like Angel, Teardrop, Safe from Harm, etc...and they were all powerful and explosive. It was fantastic to hear them live, in particular to catch parts of their music that I couldn't hear before, like a backup vocal or the bass line strumming. One really cool bit of their performance was that there were TWO drum kits on stage. Pretty amazing. There's only 1 album of theirs that I haven't heard yet--100th Window: anyone heard it? Is it good? Anyway, fabulous show. Check them out if you're a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, show kicked butt! I had heard some of their recent stuff wasn't that good so I decided to lower my expectations for the night, that wasn't really necessary.

    I don't think one limb in my body was still the entire show! I had a seat on the upper balcony, can't believe it looked like the floor was so quiet? They looked boored...

    ReplyDelete