Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weekend wrapup

Had a pretty relaxing weekend---started off on Friday night catching the Alvin Ailey Dance Theater at the Paramount with some girlfriends. I've been wanting to watch this troupe since I was young and I was absolutely floored by the passion and excitement that they exude in their body movements. The choreography was powerful and the dancers so full of grace. I highly recommend checking them out if they tour near you.

Otherwise, spent most of the weekend catching the first couple rounds of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Man, I'm so incredibly bummed that Kansas lost in the first freakin' round (AGAIN) to Bradley. Who the hell is Bradley? They haven't even been in the Sweet 16 since something like 1955. [sigh]

On Saturday night, Matt and I had dinner with Betina & Justin (who were visiting from San Fran) and Owen & Amy at Chez Gaudy, which is this cute little restaurant down the stret on Bellevue (owned by the same folks at Bleu Bistro up on Broadway). It was a fabulous time catching up with all four of them and we all had yummy meals. I had a really simple "Verona" dish which was simply pasta with chicken, but it was done well and lightly..just the way I like it. Matt had a scallop dish which was very generous. Apparently, they have a wine night on Tuesdays where patrons can score $6.99 bottles of wine that they uncork themselves--I'll have to check it out sometime!

Also got a chance to see V for Vendetta in the theaters. Great movie---it was better than I expected. There were a lot of interesting controversial themes that weaved throughout the storyline, which is what I think draws the audience in. Although it takes place in the future, it's not some crazy futuristic setting like the other Wachowski Brothers movie, The Matrix. Definitely recommend checking this movie out.

No comments:

Post a Comment