Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Drive stick?

Parking has gotten so bad in the buildings I work at in MS that they hired a valet service beginning last week to basically illegally park our cars for us. Sounds cool. I went to retrieve my car today and it took forever. When they brought it to me, I was like "What took so long?". The guy said "Sorry--I was the only valet attendant that knew how to drive stick". Sheesh! Wouldn't you think that the basic qualifications for being a valet attendant involved the ability to drive a manual transmission car?

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least when they started the valet park service at Amazon, you could see the freaking car while they did it. The lot was pretty small.

    But in answer to your question, "yes" (but I bet you knew that already). Any valet service should ensure that their drivers know how to drive stick, especially when said company is rich as f$#@ like MSFT and you know there are a number of sporty exotic vehicles cruising around. Nobody buys an automatic Porsche (or at least they shouldn't).

    ReplyDelete