Thursday, March 9, 2006

Are you in or are you out?

Watched the finale of Project Runway---congrats to Chloe! She was a favorite of mine from the beginning with her clean lines, outfits made for a woman's body, cheery personality, and of course--have to admit it--she's a fellow Asian American woman. At first, I wasn't too sure of her collection. It was a bit 80's prom-style to me with some of the pieces...but when I saw the rest of her collection, it made more sense. I thought Daniel was definite competition--I thought his collection was exquisite. I don't know what the judges were thinking but I definitely saw a theme in his collection, especially with the necklines in each piece. I was also extremely impressed by the diversity of his outfits---not easy at all. Lastly, Santino: ah, Santino. We all just loved to hate him, but knew that deep down inside he was one creative man. He will surely be seen more. I appreciated how he humbled himself more after seeing the show over the course of designing his collection. I was surprised by the judges' reaction after they spent all season pushing him to tone down his designs. Kinda funny. In the end, I think Chloe was a great choice. She does have the passion, has proven her ability to market and be a savvy businesswoman, and I think she'll fit right in with the fashion crowd. Congrats!

1 comment:

  1. I preferred Daniel's collection but was just as happy to see Chloe win. Her stuff is so well made. And yes, Ah Santino. I actually liked his collection this time around for a change

    ReplyDelete