Sunday, September 25, 2005

This domain transfer is taking longer than I had anticipated---Dreamhost first sent a request to Register.com. That processed for 2 days before Register.com sent me an email warning me of the transfer and basically giving me 5 days to cancel before they continued with the transfer. Technically, the transfer should have been approved to go yesterday...but nothing's happened yet. Meanwhile, since I'm in mid-transfer, the DNS is frozen and I can't modify it on either end. So I thought I might as well blog.

The trip to NYC was awesome as expected. Matt's friend, Teresa, was kind enough to let us crash at her place in Brooklyn while we were there. Sadly, it was really the first time I'd ever been to Brooklyn...and I love it! It is such an awesome burrough, so cute and full of interesting neighborhoods. On our first night, Paul and Teresa took us out to dinner at Grimaldi's Pizzeria which was oh so good. After dinner, we got ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and just hung out at the pier under the Brooklyn Bridge for a bit...such an amazing view of Manhattan. Did I mention the ice cream was soo creamy and delicious?

Most of Saturday was dedicated to going to Katie & Kit's wedding out in Long Island, the first Chinese wedding I've really been to in my adulthood. It was full of funny games, karaoke, the bride wearing 5 dresses, and lots and lots of food. Overall, a great wedding full of entertainment. Congrats Katie! Sunday, we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (something I highly recommend doing if you haven't before) and met up with Debbie & Saevar on the Manhattan side for dim sum at Dim Sum GoGo----yum! The afternoon that followed was full of culture and fun as we hit up the Autumn Moon Festival in Chinatown and the San Gennaro Festival in Little Italy. Before we knew it, it was time to head back home.

Speaking of, we flew Song Airlines for the first time---it was actually a bit cheaper than JetBlue at the time I bought the tickets and had better flight times. Similar to JetBlue, there's TV onboard although there aren't as many channels and it wasn't very reliable; however, there was music to choose from and many pay-per-view movies that one could watch. A particular favorite of mine was the Games section. Passengers can spend $5 and play all the games they want in a game pack (including Bejeweled!)...OR they can play in-flight trivia where you duke it out with the rest of the passengers through 20-question rounds of trivia. By mid-flight, I was determined to beat Herm in 11B and JoJo in 25C. Would I fly Song again? Definitely.

The highlight of the week since returning was going to The Arcade Fire concert at the Paramount on Wednesday. They opened powerfully with "Wake Up" and continued to impress the audience the whole evening with their passionate and catchy sounds. I only know the music from their album, Funeral, but that was enough to have me humming along to 90% of the concert. They were great in concert and carried their tunes perfectly. After the show, they further impressed me by going out to the Paramount's grand staircase and doing an impromptu acoustic piece. Next concert--Franz Ferdinand next weekend.

Just found out that my hairstylist at Gene Juarez, the one I've been seeing for more than 5 years, Reed, scored a major gig performing the TV theme for the new show Kitchen Confidential, which I'd already added to my DVR. His band has a really catchy beat and I predict I'll have to be finding myself a new hairstylist soon because his band's really going to be successful. Good job Reed!

No comments:

Post a Comment