Monday, September 5, 2005

I love holiday weekends

It's Labor Day and I wish there was yet another day of rest. Matt and I have spent most of the holiday weekend hitting up Bumbershoot---it's been a few years since I've gone to this annual music festival in Seattle...and it's certainly grown a lot since I last attended. There are so many more venues and much more space being used. So far, we've caught The Pharcyde, Omar Torrez, Common, M.Ward, Maktub and more. Today, we'll be catching Ted Leo, the Decemberists, Los Amigos Invisibles and whatever in between. Wahoo!

On Saturday, we took the ferry up to Port Gamble, WA to attend Katie & Jarrod's wedding--Katie's a former coworker from Amazon. It was gorgeous with the water in the background and the weather just perfect. I saw many former and current Amazonians and it was great to catch up with a lot of them. Congrats! One more wedding remaining for the year...and then wedding season will be over with finally.

I'm taking Misha in to the groomer on Wednesday for a Lion Cut for 2 reasons mainly: he gets hairballs all the time because of his long hair and he's been gettings little mats on this body recently, mostly around the bum area. Every cat owner I've talked to who has done this for their cat say that their cat LOVED it. It seems like the right thing to do...but am I evil? Misha just has so much hair that I'm afraid of what it'll look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment