Monday, August 8, 2005

Less than a week before....

Wow. So---I'm going to this wedding in Vancouver, B.C. this weekend with Matt. We already booked the hotel, planned it, etc. Tonight, just before leaving work, I get a mass email from the best man which says (leaving out names for privacy):

Hi Everyone,

I regret to inform you that the wedding between John Doe and Jane Doe will not take place. John and Jane sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. All gifts that were received will be returned.

Thank you very much for your understanding.


Damn. This is a first for me--that is, having a wedding that I'm planning on attending cancel just 5 days before! Crazy. I'm dying to know what happened...how horrible it must be for them to be dealing with this right now. Sheesh.

Anyway, bummer for me--because I made the hotel reservations via Hotwire.com, I can't cancel and get my money back. So it looks like Matt and I are going to Vancouver afterall this weekend! Haha. Silly me...getting tickets via Hotwire...not even thinking that there's a possibility that the wedding could be cancelled. Man. I hope my friend's doing okay. Must suck right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment