Monday, January 3, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

I was asked by Brendan about New Year's resolutions today. I decided to take a look back at my resolutions for 2004 and I think I did pretty well. I'm definitely healthier and during the fall/winter season thus far, I've only gotten sick once (at the end of October). I'm working out on a regular basis, got back into salsa dancing, I started bellydancing, and I finally learned to knit. I also made it to most friends' weddings, traveled somewhere new (Banff) and had a successful housewarming. I didn't play the piano again since I don't have one. All in all, I was rather successful with my 2004 resolutions!



Hmm...resolutions for 2005. Here goes:

  • Stay healthy, stay in shape. I started a workout regimen mid-way last year. I want to stick to it. This time, I want to add more cardio instead of just going to the XGym. I'd like to regularly have some sort of cardio regimen, whether it be going on the elliptical machine or going to a class.

  • Maintain dancing. This keeps me happy.

  • Travel somewhere I haven't been. I love traveling and always want to make a goal of going somewhere new.

  • Visit my brother in grad school before he graduates

  • Keep moving forward in my career. I don't like to talk about work too much in this blog so I'll just leave it at that.

  • Do something with singing other than karaoke. I miss singing so much. It'd be fun to do something, like try out for a choir or perform.

  • Re-do one of my bathrooms. It's the bathroom in the other bedroom/study. The floor and counter don't match and it looks hideous.

  • Get living room painted

  • Learn to play tennis. This kind of goes with my first resolution in finding a regular cardio thing to do. I learned tennis ages ago and still like it..but haven't played in years. Anyone want to play/teach me?

  • Help Anna have a successful wedding

  • Learn to make souffle

  • Attend my 10 year high school reunion (eeks!)



    I think that's a good set of resolutions to begin with.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment