Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Eric sent this over to me today---an interesting account of a meeting to look at the Segway before it was released with Steve Jobs and Jeff Bezos in attendance. The dynamics of the people in the meeting coupled with the rapid-fire questions makes it interesting. Damn, glad I'm never in a meeting with Steve Jobs.



Been having problems with my Comcast DVR (Motorola 6412) as it's been, er, "sticky" over the last few months--on some channels, I can't access the guide or do anything. Finally got someone to come over and it was a realy stupid configuration issue--I needed it set at 480i instead of every other setting (480p, 720i, 1080i). I thought with my EDTV monitor, I could process more...guess not.



Finally got the first run of the season in last weekend at Stevens with a ton of folks. Overall, conditions weren't too bad (I've seen worse), though the snow coverage was the worst I'd ever seen at Stevens. I saw trees I didn't know existed on the mountain. Wish we had spent more time on the backside. A few days later, Stevens closed up the resort until further notice because of all the warm weather and rain (it was in the lower 60's in Seattle today!). Going up to Whistler this weekend---hope the runs are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment