Sunday, May 23, 2004

Sri and I had a very successful evening of tapas and sharing my photos and video from the Spain trip to Brendan, Joe, Jigna & Matt. We went all out and made a lot of food we'd never tried making before. Our menu for the evening:



Sangria

Olive Oil Toast with Jamon Serrano or Jamon Iberico

Tortilla Espanol

Garlic Shrimp

Almejas en Salsa Verde (Clams in Green Sauce)

Oven-Roasted Wild Mushrooms with Goat Cheese

Fried Calamari

Marinated Olives

Assortment of Spanish Cheese







It was all quite successful and we had lots of fun making all the food!



To add to the continuing saga of my love life, Brendan and I sadly decided to break up today. [sigh] It was rather abrupt and unexpected, especially on this beautiful Sunday sunny afternoon....but we just got to talking and could no longer ignore the words and thoughts that we had exchanged. I've been more upset than I expected, considering the short time that we have known each other...guess it shows I cared more than I realized. I'm hoping that he's okay. Our conversation was extremely emotional. We'll talk soon I'm sure. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we will continue to be friends and be a part of each other's lives. I feel fortunate to have met such an amazing, kind, talented person---I just hope that he can realize that about himself and can find some peace from within.



Tonight, I retreated to Jigna & Matt's---thanks for being there for me guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment