Monday, March 24, 2003

WAHOO!!! Adrien Brody won Best Actor for The Pianist...how exciting! Ever since I saw that film in Paris, I've been cheering it on. If you look at my desktop wallpaper right now, you'll see Adrien on there playing the piano--it's been like that for a couple of months now. Wow. How satisfying to see such a brilliant performance rewarded like so. Yay Adrien!



Weekend was pretty ho-hum...but I welcomed it so...as I've been away for the last 3 weekends in a row. Friday, Pierre and I went to see Bowling for Columbine---I'll have to agree with everyone I've talked to that it's good. If you haven't seen it yet, go. Although Michael Moore is usually quite blunt and direct with his statements (as many of you may've witnessed with his acceptance speech for Best Documentary at the Oscars), he's very good at stepping back here and leaving a bunch of open questions for the audience to ponder. On Saturday--oh what a beautiful day it was--I went to see Aaron Copland's Exhuberant Symphony No. 3 with Fred at Benaroya. Damn. Great performance. It left us breathless. We also got to see Hilary Hahn, a young 22 yr. old violinist perform a Meyer concerto. Her accomplishments were impressive: already a Sony Classical recording artist, she had her professional debut at the age of 11 with the Baltimore Symphony.

No comments:

Post a Comment