Monday, March 3, 2003

120,190 -- my new high score on bejeweled. For the last year, I've been obsessively playing this game that I downloaded onto my palm...and was challenged about a year ago to get over 100,000...a task I deemed nearly impossible. Last week, I just went on a streak and that's what I ended up with. Wahoo! Sadly, it's nowhere close to the All-Time high for the Timed game as posted on the Astraware site of 40,943,880. How in the WORLD do they do that?



las vegas was a lot of fun--took lots of pictures which'll i'll post later. it's been YEARS since i've been back...and i was sad to see a lot of the major arcade areas in hotels replaced by more slot machines. saw a total of 10 hotels: Mandalay Bay (where we stayed), Paris (Rabah felt so at home), Bally's, Caesar's Palace, Monte Carlo (where we saw Lance Burton), Excalibur, New York New York (where we rode the Manhattan Express, Venetian (gorgeous), Treasure Island, and the Mirage. It was a crazy weekend full of Nascar fans (huge race) and boxing fans (for the Ruiz vs. Jones fight). gambled a bit but not too much...overall, lost a little bit--but i guess that's what you pay for "entertainment" if you call it that. i want to go back when the weather is nicer...never got a chance to indulge in the 11 acres of pool area at the hotel....



i saw how to lose a guy in 10 days with betina last week...and i'll admit: i loved it! not oscar-worthy...but oh so fun.



cartoon tributes to mr. rogers...how sad.



last friday, got a chance to see rockapella perform at work (our music team's been rocking this week with fun performances!)...ah...how it took me back to the days of a cappella...



this is just not right. about a year ago, i traveled to napa valley and got a very cool corkscrew from the robert mondavi store...only to have it snatched from me at the airport! how upsetting to know that california has profitted from that...but I guess there's nothing better they can do with all of this stuff. i wish they had a more efficient way of handling confiscated items.



Interesting story on the decline of literacy due to SMS text messaging. I know myself that my grammar has shot down the tube simply from writing emails and Instant Messaging. my blog alone is full of horrible grammatical mistakes (i.e. lowercase letters, random 'dot-dot-dots..")

No comments:

Post a Comment