Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted...been a bit overwhelmed coming back from Paris and settling back into my regular 'ol Seattle life.



Suffice it to say, Paris was a blast. I met a lot of really great people, ate yummy food, visited a lot of places--all at a reasonable pace. I actually spent a lot of time on my own since I'd been there before and didn't want to go to some of the sites that the group was going to (as I had seen it before). All in all, it was fabulous. Other sites visited: the Catacombs (creepy), Musee Rodin, Musee Picasso (very good), the Latin Quarter, Galeries Lafayette (shopping!) and a Tour of the Sewers with Marissa on the last day!



I have one negative comment about Paris: the airport security seriously concerns me. There is absolutely no proof in my passport that I was ever in France--same goes with the other friends I traveled with. I walked off the plane, picked up my luggage and walked out on the street. No customs, nada. And when I left Paris, not a single soul asked me the usual "Did you pack your bags? Have your bags been in your possession the entire time? etc etc." I was surprised considering how major of a city it was. At least security was tough in Amsterdam.



Check out my photos from Paris here.



Since coming back, I've been hanging with the boy, catching up with work email and trying to get myself back on track with things pre-Holiday. This last weekend I killed my body: went to the gym for the first time in weeks on Saturday, snowboarded on Sunday, and went salsa dancing for the first time in almost 3 weeks yesterday. My body aches.



While in Paris, got a chance to catch The Pianist, which was so moving. I loved it. Adrien Brody carries the entire film from scene to scene. It's heavy emotionally...but oh so good. I highly recommend seeing this. I'd like to watch it again here; the last half of the movie is all in German...and since I watched it in Paris, it was only subtitled in French...so I had to rely on my romantic language skills to guess the content.



Have you checked out Joe Millionaire? It's awful...yet, it freakin' draws me! The basic premise is that some construction worker who makes $19,000/year poses as a guy that's just inherited $50MM and is looking to settle down. In come the bachelorettes who are all going to get set up to be gold diggers no matter what their reason may be for not liking the guy in the end---uh...like, the fact that it's one big fat lie! It's one thing if everything was true except for this guy's net worth...but they're lying about EVERYTHING, including his actual name...and the guy is such a horrible liar..he stumbled over coming up with a middle name when asked. I didn't expect to find the funniest element in the show to be "Evan".



One of these days, I'm going to have to get out to CES in Vegas. I'm such a gadget girl--my whole family is (except for my mom). Jon reminded me today how many gadgets I have...and I must admit, I love my toys. Have I mentioned my newest toy? A 20MB ipod. Oh yeah...love it. I'm slowly uploading my entire CD collection onto this thing...no more finding CDs to take on road trips or leaving CDs at work...I'll have it all in the palm of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment