Sunday, January 10, 2010

Home in Seattle .... and sick

After what felt like the longest day of traveling, we're back home in Seattle....where the weather is just as cold as when we left Florida if you'd believe it! Shortly after my last post, the weather took a sudden downturn and now Florida's temperature is so low that citrus crops are at risk and even a state of emergency was declared by their governor. I think the day we left, temps were in the 50's with a low in the 40's...and getting even colder.

Anyway, it's nice to be home, although just a couple days after returning, I caught a cold and now I've just been laying at home, in my PJs and sweatshirt non-stop crying "woe is me" with a box of Kleenex and cup of tea next to me at all times. That said, it's really nice to be home and I thought I'd reflect on the things I love about this new home...and just being in a house in general (as opposed to our condo)...in no particular order:
  • I love that I can lay on our bed and see a gorgeous view of Mt. Rainier from our bedroom window
  • I love not hearing drunken party-goers late at night on the weekends
  • I love that we don't have to separate out our recycling (previously, still had to separate glass from other recyclables at the condo) and that we now have a separate bin for Food & Yard Waste! It really helps in cutting down on the amount of things that go into the actual garbage.
  • I love that friends can visit and not have to worry about finding parking
  • I love that there's much more room for storage
  • I love that we each get our own office now
  • I love the deep soaking bathtub in our master bath (note from previous post - I'm still trying to be careful and not soak for too long...but I do love my baths!)
  • I love that Matt can watch his football on Sundays in the basement and I don't have to hear the sound of the sportscaster in the rest of the house
  • I love not having to deal with the slow elevator from our condo anymore
  • I love not having to deal with some of the more annoying other residents at the condo
  • I love that since it's a house, UPS & FedEx will just leave packages on our doorstep, instead of me chasing down their post-it-notes and ultimately having to drive down to South Seattle to pick up the package
  • I love having a garage and not dealing with getting soaked on while bringing things in from my car
I'm so eager to really get settled. Over the holidays, we got a fancy new closet system for our master closet so over the last few days, we've really started to put our clothes away. Once I get myself a desk (we had 1 previously, which is being used by Matt now) and perhaps some more bookshelves, I think we'll really be able to start unpacking boxes.....and then clear the nursery room and actually spend time thinking about baby stuff! Eeks. My 3rd trimester is going to begin in about 2 weeks and time is going to fly by.

1 comment:

  1. i love your "i love" list!! welcome home, and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete