Monday, October 1, 2007

True HD

Yesterday, I sold my plasma tv to a Chinese couple off of Craigslist. Why? I'm finally getting true HD. Back in 2003, over Thanksgiving at the Joes in Portland, we all woke up insanely early to jump onto any major deals. At the time, I splurged and bought myself a 42" plasma TV---rather proud of this deal as I was an early adopter with perhaps one other friend with such a flat-panel TV. The actual HD televisions were ridiculously priced so I got an EDTV which was fine for me at the time. Fast forward 4 more years -- the cost of HD televisions is perhaps 1/5 of what they used to be--they're thinner, lighter and so much more accessible. My new officemate, the deal king that he is, had located an amazing deal for a new 42" LCD flat-panel TV from Sharp and clued me in on it (it was about 47% off). One impulsive moment later, I was the owner of such television. So now I finally get true HD. It amazes me to view the tech specs between my old and new TV---see below. It arrives this Friday....can't wait!





SpecificationOLD TVNEW TV
ModelZenith P42W34Sharp LC-42D64U
Resolution852 x 480p1920 x 1080p
Brightness1000 cd/m2450cd/m2
Contrast Ratio1200:110,000:1
HDMI Inputs03
HD Component Input03
Weight75 lbs.48.5

No comments:

Post a Comment