Thursday, October 18, 2007

Migrating from Pitas....

If you look at my archive links over on the right there, you'll see that my first 2 years of blogging (2000 and 2001) all took place on a really really old blogging service called Pitas. What an irony considering what the acronym stands for ("PITA")--I'm now in the process of trying to consolidate all my blog entries into one, and because Pitas is so old, there's no concept of a feed, importing tool, nada. So I'm literally copying/pasting all my entries here into Blogger. Ugh.

All of this is getting done with plans to eventually move my entire website to Wordpress. I really loved the page organization tools I had when I put the wedding website together. I was even impressed with all the plugins that exist for Wordpress (such as this nifty Flickr one that I used) that I think it's about time that I take my website and overhaul it....but the big thorn standing in the way is for me to migrate my old pitas blog entries to blogger first so that I can easily import them to Wordpress.

No comments:

Post a Comment