Monday, November 27, 2006

A bit of snow

It started snowing again today. But a bit more than last night--just around 4:30pm, the snow came down and it actually stuck (at least in Redmond it did). Oh boy, that meant bad traffic (and for you folks on the East Coast--this is not even an inch of snow. You'd laugh). After getting out of the meeting I was in at 5:15pm at the MS Conference Center, a coworker (Tony) and I called a shuttle to head back to our building.

5:20pm
Shuttle picks us up

5:42pm
Shuttle drops us off at the same spot after circling around and trying to get out of the driveway of the conference unsuccessfully. Shuttle is stuck and can't take us to the building.

5:44pm
I call Lukasz who works 2 buildings away from where I am. I try to see if I can maybe hitch a ride in his car back to my building since he has an A3 and should be able to make it. I find out that he's just pulled out of the parking garage.

6:01pm
I walk over to 40th St to catch a ride in Lukasz's car. In the 15 minutes it took me to walk over, he's moved about 20 feet. Tony and I get in the car. Lukasz is going to drop Tony off at our building (which is literally less than a mile away)

6:11pm
I call Matt and decide not to go to the ProClub after work and, instead, just hitch a ride with Lukasz back to Capitol Hill.

6:28pm
About 3 blocks from our building (note it took 30 min. to go less than a mile). I call Gabe to see if he wants a ride since we notice that the HOV lane on 520 is open.

6:40pm
Finally cross 40th St. and get to Building 119. Gabe jumps in.

7:28pm
Get back home at last. And that was using the HOV lane which saved us at least half an hour. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment