Sunday, June 11, 2006

busy busy busy

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I've been busy either with work (got slammed after returning from Portugal) or crazy wedding planning. I've been talking to my mom almost every night---which is insanely frequent. Matt and I have now visited NINE potential wedding sites in the Seattle area...and the good news is that we think we still like the first one we visited (Newcastle). Our main goal is to have both the ceremony and reception at the same place...and a lot of places we've seen are either awesome ceremony sites (i.e. Woodmark Hotel) or awesome reception sites (i.e. Fairmont). We have about another week with the contract from Newcastle to make a decision.

Otherwise, Matt's friend, Tom Frank, is in town visiting from San Francisco for a wedding---he's going to be one of Matt's groomsmen. That's one thing that Matt's way ahead of me on: deciding on his set of groomsmen. He's already asked all of them except for 2---Brad, the guy who introduced us back in 2001, is going to be the Best Man. I don't know when I'm going to come up with my bridal party at all. Ack.

Some fun news: the new bellydancing troupe that I'm in, Nomaditude, had its debut performance at the Hafla Durga last night up at the Phinney Ridge Community Center, dancing to Groove Armada. I think the performance went really well and we were all psyched. This new troupe formed while I was in Portugal and it's made up of select dancers from Sharon Moore's intermediate class. I'm really psyched about actually being able to perform on a regular basis (the previous troupe, Shaia Tribe, seemed to only get together to perform once a year at the Phinney Ridge Winter Festival). Our next performance is supposed to be at one of the Pacific Northwest's largest bellydance festivals, MedFest. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap? 9??? We've only gone to 6! We have one place in mind and we have a hold on it. So we need to be sure we don't overlap otherwise I won't be able to attend yours and vice-versa. I've got Memorial Weekend next year.. we hope..

    Went wedding dress shopping this weekend. It was soooo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete