Monday, June 19, 2006

"Turn Around, Don't Drown"

I woke up this morning to hear the radio DJ saying "Turn Around, Don't Drown". I'm in Houston, TX where I arrived super late last night to torrential rainfall---and I mean TORRENTIAL. Like, I haven't seen this sort of rain since a tornado was nearby in Kansas. I checked into my hotel and kept waking up to the pounding of the rain against the window. In the morning, I found out that parts of Houston was flooded and some of the major highways were closed off. I heard that at one point, an inch of rain fell in 11 minutes. Sheesh--that tells you how hard and fast this rain was coming down. Unfortunately, half of the people we came to meet (I'm on a customer site visit for MS) had to postpone today because they either couldn't make it into work with the highways or their homes were flooded and, well, prioritized that over meeting with a bunch of mobility people from Microsoft.

No comments:

Post a Comment