Monday, May 15, 2006

Bom día! I love Portugal...

Greetings from Portugal!! I´m currently in Braga staying at a lovely quinta and we just ate the yummiest Arroz con Mariscos dinner at Da Bouro restaurant. Today has been our first opportunity to jump on the internet since there´s one at the hotel. Since I´ll want to write about the entire week we´ve had in chronological order, I´ll wait until returning to give the full scoop on that. Meanwhile, I just wanted to share some wonderful news...

Matt and I are engaged!! He completely (like, totally shocked) surprised me when we were in Casçais, staying at our lovely fortress by the sea. We had just finished having dinner with Debbie & Saevar and had returned to the hotel. Matt had wanted to take a nice walk along the beach but I wasn´t having any of that because the Guincho Beach was dark and insanely windy (we learned that this beach often hosts the World Windsurfing Championships---that tells you how windy it was). So then he resorted to Plan 2 by pouring some port and going out to the balcony. Next thing I knew, he had whipped out a ring and was proposing to me. Of course, I said yes.

So that´s the super exciting news so far from this trip! We´re heading to the Douro Valley tomorrow and then slowly down South, eventually back to Lisboa. Can´t wait to share all the wonderful things we´ve seen and done here in Portugal! Ciao!

7 comments:

  1. Audrey! So so excited for you both. Congratulations!! Looking forward to hearing all about the trip and the details of the proposal. Say hi to Matt!
    -Jigna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooo happy for you guys!!! I was really bummed when I missed your phone call the other night :( I can't wait to see you in June to congratulate you in person...I'll be in Seattle :) I love you guys and wish you a safe journey home.

    xoxo-
    Lucrecia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boa noight! Brendan totally guessed this one on the mark... congratulations ya'll.
    -LT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey- Congratulations!!! So thrilled for you and Matt. Say hi to Debs and Saevar for us too. Love from Singapore, Francis & Mei

    ReplyDelete
  5. audrey! congratulations! i'm so happy for you both =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mazel tov!! I'm so happy to hear such great news from Seattle (well, I know Portugal technically, but you know what I mean). I wish you two nothing but happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY - We are so psyched for you guys. Send my congratulations to Matt for me. You guys really make an incredible couple.

    ReplyDelete