Monday, January 26, 2004

what a crazy day.



It started off with me coming into work and getting an email from a good friend/co-worker and finding out that his father very suddenly passed away in the middle of the night--very healthy and only 49 years old. No clue what happened. That's just awful. I was so overwhelmed with emotion in the morning...even crying a bit as I talked about the ordeal with our other team mate. It's events like this that just make you realize how much we take for granted our parents.



All day today, I was just writing. I must be bug eyed by now. I really didn't plan all my reviews writing as well as I could have this year. iIve knocked a bunch of reviews out...but I still have my manager review and my self-evaluation to finish...the two documents that take the longest. There is no way that i'm going to finish these tonight...and I've already given my manager a heads up that they'll be a bit late. I hope that's all right.



And then, after work, Pierre and I broke up. [sigh] I know this may sound like it's coming from left field if you've only been reading my blog...but it's something we've talked about for awhile. It was very much a mutual decision and our friendship is very much intact. I have no regrets and am just happy that I have gained such a wonderful friend in my life. But it'll be a bit hard getting over this. 14 months is a long time to say goodbye to.



Fortunately, my day ended on a good note. I went to see the Seattle Opera's Carmen with my friend, Peter, at the new Marion Oliver McCall Hall, which was just stunning. Oh, what a beautiful opera house it was. The performance itself was just exquisite. The woman that played Carmen had a gorgeous, velvety voice that instantly grabbed the attention of the entire audience.



But here I am, faced with my self-evaluation again...and I just feel like holding my cat. It's been a rough day.

No comments:

Post a Comment