Friday, January 9, 2004

Today, I thought I could make it into work. I was starting to feel better--my temperature had gone down, my head congestion was really starting to disappear, I was really getting better. Then last night, I decided to take one small capsule of Nyquil so that I could get a good night's sleep---for the past few nights, I hadn't slept very well due to my inability to really breathe very well throughout the night coupled with jetlag. And boy, did I sleep. I woke up at 10am and wrote an email to my boss telling him that I was going to try to come into work at lunchtime. Then I went back to bed. Woke up at 12:30pm. Still dizzy with exhaust. Email from boss--"you should probably take the whole day off". Good advice--I took it. Went back to bed. Woke up at 4pm. Still dizzy and exhausted. But goddamnit--I just slept for the entire day! So I forced myself to get up and get something to eat and drink. But man--that felt good. My body hadn't experienced a decent night of sleep in awhile...probably since before leaving for my trip to China!

No comments:

Post a Comment