Tuesday, January 6, 2004

It's so cold here today. Snow came down on Seattle at about 4 this morning---as much as the city was anticipating the snow, it's certainly not ready for it. There aren't enough snowplows and certainly not enough sand or salt on the roads. I spent an hour in my car today, getting stuck on hills---definitely could not make it into work. I called my boss about staying in and he was like "don't worry--no one's here anyway. No one could make it in". I can't even get my car back into my parking lot---there's a very small little slant for the entryway into my parking lot--and it was so slippery, there was no way I could get my car in without it banging against the brick wall. I just have it parked on the street in the front now---hope the police are lenient about parking today! I doubt the little meter maids can even navigate through the streets anyway. Jigna was telling me that people were snowboarding down Queen Anne Avenue--that's crazy.



I'm not looking forward to all this beautiful fluffy snow turn into ugly slush---a warm front is moving in and the weather forecaster is predicting "flooding" tomorrow. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment