Friday, December 7, 2001

man, i've barely had time to myself this week. i was hoping to really get going on my Christmas cards this week and it just hasn't happened. I'm so frustrated----see, normally I like to print out a picture and insert it into some of my cards..especially for friends that I haven't seen in awhile..with my coolio printer for my faboo digital pictures. I finally ran out of ink and whipped out, proudly, my backup new print cartridge--only to find out that that the freakin' blue ink is messed up. I have no choice but to go out and buy a new cartridge. Makes me mad. I bought that cartridge eons ago trying to plan ahead...but I wish there was a way to test that first.
But I'm going to stay in tonight, make myself a yummy dinner, watch a movie and write Christmas cards.
Last night, Phoebe and I tried holding another Smith alums event...and we got lots of responses and were expecting a decent turnout...but once again, it was just me, Phoebe and Susan. We went to the SAM to see the Annie Leibovitz exhibit "Women" (what a Smithie event huh?). I was so tempted to buy the book for it but held myself back to check on Amazon today--and sure enough, I found a Used version from a seller who had overflow, so it was practically new--and it was only $18.90 (compared to $49 at the exhibit). Score. I love SDP. Afterwards, we wandered down to Art Walk in Pioneer Square where I randomly ran into Jocelyn...haven't seen that girl in so long since she's started law school. Anyhow, we went down to find Rachel but to no avail...hungrily, we found a yummy Italian place and had dinner and chatted until 11:30pm. [sigh] Great evening.
I've done all my Christmas shopping online so far..it's too convenient..and so are credit cards. I think I'm done though and am going to start doing old school Xmas shopping this weekend...so hard to come up with thoughtful gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment