Friday, December 21, 2001

Ah, last day of work before finally taking off for the holidays. The last two weeks have been stressful and crazy. This week alone, being oncall, has been rather hard. I got paged 2 nights ago at 3am and worked until 6:30am...which didn't help the creeping cold that I now have. But alas, it's all over now..hopefully. Okay, enough about work.
Thomas finally got back from his business trip last week--it's good to have him around again. It's so comforting to know that someone cares for you and will take care of you. I have to say I'm quite content right now.
It seems like a few of my friends have embarked in new relationships lately...Owen is whistling happy with Amy. Jon came back from Fernley and breathed the "g" word regarding Chris..something I've never seen in the 2.5 years I've known him.
Last night, I threw my very first apartment party--my White Elephant Holiday party--which turned out to be a success...really happy with it. I had a good 25+ people show up from all walks of my life here in Seattle. Also ended up with really yummy refreshments and snacks: I made mulled wine, Thomas made his signature cider, Olke brought some homemade potent eggnog, and there was all sorts of food on the table. The gift swap turned out well with its own dramas...the popular gift being Jon's Dukes of Hazard watch. I ended up with a cool leather journal.
Tonight, I'll be meeting Thomas's mom, going to see the Pacific Northwest Ballet's sultan interpretation of The Nutcracker. Tomorrow night, we're going to see The Messiah, which I haven't heard in years. I remember singing parts of that for my high school choir's holiday concert. And on Sunday, I'll be off to L.A. to meet the rest of my family--it'll be quite the family gathering with all my uncles, aunts and cousins..plus my grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment