Wednesday, November 28, 2001

argh. i'm sick again. my immune system sucks. i've gotten sick 3 times since august. my glands and sinus started feeling a little swollen early yesterday...by the evening, i was not feeling well and shaking. now i'm staying at home, drinking as much OJ as possible to shoo away whatever i have.
i've decided to have a holiday party--a white elephant one where there's anonymous gift swapping...it'll be fun and i can't wait! project for the next month: decorate apartment for the holidays. this'll be my first apartment party. yay!
i forgot to mention: i've got a new gadget to add to my collection. when i went home, my dad surprised me with an early christmas gift: the samsung i300 pda mobile phone. it's actually pretty cool and much smaller than the kyocera one that came out earlier this year. the width is about the size of a regular cordless phone that you'd use at home so, ergonomically, it's quite comfortable. i love the color screen---i downloaded the latest version of Launcher III, which is the palm interface that i live by (it's shareware now damnit...oh well, definitely worth the $10) and was able to colorize each of my tabs. The best part is being able to call directly from my address book. I always had problems synchronizing numbers between my cell phone and pda...often, the most up-to-date numbers were just in my cell phone as i always had that on me. And then, the phone still comes with all the usual great features: voice recognizition dialing, speaker phone, recording conversations, wireless web, etc. Speaking of, I was able to download the Blazer software for the wireless web interface to improve upon the current look for cell phones--that text only version. Because my screen is larger and in color, I can literally go to any website now, regardless of whether it's written in hdml or whatever and see it. crazy. i wonder what sort of future pda phones there will be and if it'll catch on. I'm definitely excited about this device.

No comments:

Post a Comment