Thursday, November 22, 2001

okay, it's been a long long while since i've written here (as someone in lawrence recently reminded me)...i don't really have an excuse except for that work has been killing me. work work work. what a boring theme in my weblog. and given, i know people who work many more hours than i do....but still.
now, i usually dodge writing about my dating life for i don't want someone whom i'm dating to find out what i think about them via the internet...but i feel good about this one. i met him at that halloween party. i actually met him first way back on the salsa cruise in july....and things are going damn well. we're gettin' along just dandy--it's the month of november! did i ever mention that? i have this weird thing with the month of november. no, seriously. i don't know why. it's always an inside joke with my closest friends...and it's purely coincidental...but for some reason, november seems to be my month. since graduating from high school, most of my relationships have started in november--the one exception was last year, when matthew and i broke up in november; however, sophomore, junior, senior and first year in seattle-- each year, in november, i met somebody. and i try hard to not anticipate something happening each november, like this year, but somehow it does. my first date with thomas was on november 2nd technically. it's odd. and random. anyhow--so point is, wahoo--dating life is picking up again.
i'm actually back in kansas now for thanksgiving break--arrived back home only a few hours ago...and haven't been back since turkey break last year. boy, it was nice to get away from the craziness of work...but i digress. at KCI, while waiting for my suitcase at the baggage claim, i glanced to my left and realized I was standing next to carol schaeffer--this girl that was in my high school that i haven't seen in 6 years! talk about a small world...we were on the same flight coming from denver, where she currently lives. and furthermore, matt watkins, another classmate, was picking her up. it's so surreal to come back home and run into people from the past. we chatted briefly, trying to come up with names of former classmates and updating each other and what we currently know about them.
then the 45 minute drive back to lawrence...the old alvins is now some health food merc store...and the total fitness/former hillcrest theatre apparently burned to the ground! how sad. i went to that theatre all the time as a child. and home--well, my parents always have new fun toys that they're crazy about.
ack. my dad's telling my grandmother about thomas. eeks.
okay. i'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment